Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life does go on . . . but I can still cry a few tears in the mean time

I found out last night that my girlfriend's mom passed away last year. Her brother told me so . . . I recently connected with him through the internet. I lost touch with the family several years ago. I sent an invitation to Erv's and my wedding but it came back without a forwarding address. I remember being very sad knowing they would not be there, even if in spirit.

Liz's mom was full of love, joy, and talent galore! She was compassionate and passionate. She was spunky! She had a lovely eye for the details, in life and in her art. I remember how profoundly her talent touched me. She could do anything! I particularly remember a quilt she made for her first grandchild, Katie. She hand appliqued the top with a story-book-like theme and it was stunning (she also wrote a story to go along with it). I also remember thinking at the time: how did she do that? and: gosh, how I'd love to be able to do that, too!

Paul wrote in his e-mail that his mom loved me like a daughter. He was so kind to say those words . . .

I loved her so very much . . . more than she'll ever know!

No comments: